SPF-21: 21 Days of Sabbath, Prayer & Fasting (August 6–27)
The two-fold purpose of our SPF-21 is: (1) united Biblical practices in seeking to know God more, and (2) seeking greater grace to make an eternal difference as effective laborers in Christ’s harvest - to reach, serve, and make disciples of lost souls.
SABBATH from media (please choose one, or select one to do per each week):
- All video entertainment (movies, TV, YouTube, video games, streaming services, etc.)
- Commit to refrain from viewing anything, including social media, until AFTER you have devoted a daily minimum of 60 minutes to undistracted prayer, worship/singing, and Scripture reading (includes use of LCC Salinas Church App for a devotional prayer guide).
PRAYER: Take a faith step, drawing closer to God by increasing your daily prayer commitment
- Participate daily on the LCC Salinas Church App with the SPF-21 Prayer Devotions
- Participate each Thursday: All-Church Prayer 6:30PM-8:00PM (8/10, 8/17, 8/24)
- Dream Team Prayer (open to all): Sundays 8:30AM-9:00AM (8/13, 8/20, 8/27)
* Other individual and serve team prayer gatherings to be determined
FASTING (please choose one, or select one to do per each week):
- All solid food (water and/or liquids only)
- All sugar/sweets/desserts
- Eat one meal per day only (no snacks)
* Biblical fasting often included intentional charitable giving; therefore, plan on giving sacrificially (above normal tithes and missions giving) to help the suffering. Consider designating an amount for our Fall A21 campaign or donating an amount to the Monterey County Food Bank.